We had a lot of fun at Kid-A-Palooza/40+ Food Truck Event. This event was held at Wickham Park in Melbourne Florida. We did not bring any children for the Kid portion of this adventure but we did bring our appetites.
Entering the event looked like a cross between kiddie and foodie heaven. On the right for as far as I could see were giant inflatable bounce houses and slides. The kid in me was secretly dying to go have a jump. lol! On the left circling all the way around until they met the bounce houses on the right were the food trucks. Food trucks as far as the eye could see.
We decided to try to amp up our appetites by checking the vendors that had been placed creatively in the middle of the area between kiddie and foodie heaven. Of course most of the vendors catered to children or parents. There were a variety of activities for children to do while they were there or for them to sign up to do later. There was a booth filled mostly with reptiles but also a few not often seen mammals. There was also an awesome surf board/skateboard booth. After we had finished looking at each booth we decided it was time to plan out our lunch. What to eat?
There were so many choices. We started at the entrance and moved clockwise around the arena. We had looked at the list of trucks before we left so we could have an idea of what we wanted. In the benefit of interest we still decided to do a full lap around carefully looking at each truck to be sure we hadn’t changed our minds.
Rufo stuck with his original decision and tried PizzaCone. They basically make eating pizza ultra portable by shaping the dough into a cone and filling the inside with pizza sauce and toppings. Rufo choose bacon and pepperoni. I had a few bites and it was amazing. I almost went back to purchase another one.
I had originally planned on purchasing ceviche from one of the trucks. I changed my mind when I read the words “Bacon Fried Rice” on the front of Samson’s Grill. We’ve all had pork fried rice of course….but this….this was bacon fried rice. I also had my choice of either Teriyaki chicken or Bourbon chicken. I decided on the bourbon chicken with bacon fried rice and an egg roll. Everything was amazing and delicious. Typically I don’t each much in one setting but I cleaned the plate.
We had a lot of fun and great food. Can’t wait until the next food truck event!
The list below may contain affiliate links.
I do not endorse any products I have not tried and succeeded with myself.
Typically all of our posts are individual reviews of products, places, or restaurants. We wanted to do something different today and offer Kiva’s list of Top 10 Apps to Make or Save you $Money$.
I love an easy way to make money and easy ways to save money. Below you will find a list of my 10 Favorite Apps for making or saving $Money$. In a normal day we waste so much time on our phones doing meaningless things like scrolling Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr. I say why not make money with your phone. Why not make your phone work for you and maybe even partially pay for itself.
There are tons of apps if you search the Google Play store for “money making” or “money saving.” I often go and try to look for new ones I haven’t tried yet to see if they are legitimate or not. I do not endorse any money making apps that require you to pay a fee for their services. This list below is full of applications I have already tried and succeeded with. I hope you enjoy them.
- Qricket – $25 cash out to Paypal. Watch short ads to accumulate spins. Pick Blue or Yellow and spin the wheel. You can win anywhere from $0.00 to $1,000+ per spin. My average spin is $0.05. The most I’ve won on a single spin was $0.25. I’ve cashed out to my Paypal account twice and earned a little over $50. To sign up for Qricket and get 10 FREE Spins CLICK HERE.
- Slidejoy – 3,000 CARATS to cash out. 3,000 CARATS = $3 deposited into your Paypal account. This app places an ad on your lock screen on your phone. Swipes to open your phone earn you CARATS. In addition to cashing out to Paypal you can also donate to the Jerico Project or Got Your 6. You can purchase gift cards for Amazon, Google Play, Starbucks, Playstation, Nintendo, Walmart, Steam, Bitcoin, Best Buy, Foot Locker, Toys “R” Us, Ebay, CVS, Target, GameStop, Xbox Live, AMC Theaters, Fandango, Sephora, Papa Johns, and Nike. To me it couldn’t be any easier to earn money. I don’t notice any lag or freezing or any ill effects from having the app on my phone. To sign up for Slidejoy CLICK HERE.
- Lucktastic – On this app you get to play scratch off tickets and either instantly win prizes or earn tokens you can redeem for gift cards. The smallest amount of tokens you can redeem is 15,000 for a $10 Restaurant.com gift certificate. I normally purchase Amazon $5 gift cards for 23,000 tokens. They also have gift cards for Burger King, Dominos, Toy “R” Us, Aeropostale, Bed Bath & Beyond, Charity Choice, Groupon, Petco, Staples, The Children’s Place, GameStop, Panera, Papa John’s, Sephora, Kohl’s, Overstock.com, Sears, BabiesRUs, Kmart, Old Navy, AMC Theaters, Applebee’s, Bass Pro Shop, Bath & Body Works, Chilli’s, Fandango, IHOP, JCPenny, Olive Garden, Outback, Red Robbin, Regal Theaters, T.G.I. Friday’s, and TJ Maxx. To sign up for Lucktastic – CLICK HERE.
- GrabPoints – I get really easy money from this app. Daily I will receive 1-3 codes for 7 points each. Often I will get a message to complete 3 quick trivia questions for 15 points each. You even get 500 FREE points for signing up. My cash outs on this app have been anywhere from $3-5. You need 3,000 points to cash out for $3.00 to Paypal. I notice in the reward store there is a pattern between points and gift card amounts. A $10.00 Best Buy card is 10,000 points and a $25.00 card is 25,000 points. You can also earn points by filling out surveys, downloading apps, watch videos, and reading articles. To sign up for GrabPoints and get 500 FREE points CLICK HERE.
- Google Opinion Rewards. This app gives you Google Play credits to use in the Google Play store. They send you sporadic surveys about locations you have been do or certain demographics. The surveys are very short usually under 5 questions. On some surveys you may earn $1.00 and on some you may earn $0.00 (rarely). I love it. It gives me a way to purchase books, games, or music without having to spend my hard earned money. To sign up for Google Opinion Rewards CLICK HERE.
- Ebates – If you shop online you have to start using this app! It gives you cash-back or coupons for stuff you were buying already. With their app you can even find in-store cash-back options! My holiday budget was tight this year but I still managed to do some online shopping. I managed to utilize my Ebates account and next week (2/15/17) I should be receiving about $55.00 in my Paypal account. The best part of that rebate amount is part of it was spent on a present for myself (a new tablet) which was free upfront. When you sign up you get a $10.00 BONUS in your Ebates account. The withdraw amount is $5.02. If you have $5.01 or less in your account they will hold your earnings until the next quarterly check. You can choose to receive a paper check, Paypal deposit, or donate to charity/organization/family member. If you would like to sign up and get your FREE $10.00 Bonus CLICK HERE.
- IBOTTA – This app is a great shopping companion. You can earn rebates on groceries, pharmacy, clothing, alcohol, beauty products, restaurants, convenience stores, and even mobile shopping. I love using it when I’m going to the grocery store. After I’ve made my list for the store I check the app to see if any of the products I planned on buying had an available rebate. For this app it’s also important to scan the items with the app while you are in the store to confirm you are purchasing the product with a rebate and to keep your receipt. To give you an idea of some of the rebates offered on IBOTTA I’ll list a few here: Walmart – $3.00 for 12 pack of Budweiser or Bud Light – buy 2 packs. Buy 3 Barilla pasta and/or sauce and unlock $1.00 cash back. You can withdraw 2 ways: Paypal or Venmo which have a $20.00 minimum). They also have an assortment of gift cards to places like: Olive Garden, Target, Kmart, Gap, Applebee’s, Sam’s, Papa John’s, Old Navy, and Jo-Ann Fabrics (all have a $20.00 minimum). I usually withdraw to my Paypal so I can use it for anything. When you sign up you get a welcome bonus of $10.00. To sign up CLICK HERE.
- Restaurant.com – This is another great app/website. I often use this site to purchase many gift certificates at one time. These are great to have on hand for an emergency gift. Almost everyone enjoys a night out – why not treat them to one? The last deal I saw was $5.00 for $25.00 Certificates. To get the app visit the Google Play Store and download it for FREE.
- Groupon – This app/website is great for saving money on dining, entertainment, goods, and services. I’ve purchased a few goods from this app and I always love going in and seeing what is available in my area for date night or girl’s night out ideas. Here’s a great example of a local family or group of friends deal: Skating package for 5. It is normally $70.00 but you can get it on Groupon for 54% off or $31.99. Sushi Factory $13.00 for Dine-in Dinner for 2. I really love this app and finding great deals. You can download Groupon on the Google Play store for FREE.
- PayPal – I’ve been shopping online for well over 10 years. I use Paypal as often as it is offered. I’ve found it is the most secure way to shop online. They have a great website and a great app. You can use Paypal for shopping, sending or receiving funds, and for your business. They have new options on the app like: Order Ahead – this allows you to order your food at the restaurant before you leave home. They even have the menus loaded so you can read them. Pay in Stores lets you use your app to pay at stores, restaurants, and more and Loyalty Cards allows you to store all of your loyalty cards and use them directly from your phone rather than carry them all around. Most of the apps I listed above run their payouts through Paypal. You can get $5.00 to sign up and make an eligible purchase. CLICK HERE to sign up.